I love designing children's rooms as there really are no rules. You can be a little more adventurous than you would be in other rooms in your home.
I tend to stick to a colour palette of about three or so colours and also try and select one or two 'hero' pieces that I can work the rest of the room around.
I designed a moodboard for Ellery last week after she came into the MintSix shop and chose the Kip & Co pretzels quilt set for Christmas.
She has one chalkboard wall, three white walls, a white floor & white Luxaflex blinds so a relatively blank canvas to work with which always helps.
I started by including her existing furniture & favourite items and then used some things that will go onto the wish list.
- Incy Interiors Bed in Yellow $990 I've just scored a headboard from the Op Shop that I'll spray yellow (kinder on the wallet)but I do love these beds!
- Kip & Co Pretzels Quilt & Pillow Set $219
- Pony Rider Swiss Alps Wall Dot $89
- HK Living Yellow Desk Lamp (Available soon at MintSix)
- Emotions Vases $130
- Nynne Rosenvinge Mountains Print A4 $35
- Bonnie & Neil Cockatoo Placemat (Used on wall)
- DIY Tassel Garland (Similar Here)
- HK Living Button Hook 13cm $45
- Uashmama XL Grey Bag $90
- Trade Aid White Dipped Kaisa Basket $69.99
- Uashmama Large Black Bag $44
- Moroccan Yellow Pouffe $199
- Sheepskin $155
- Zuca Rovino Chair in white on sale for $79.95
- Brita Sweden Gerda B&W Rug (Available at MintSix soon)
|Other children's bedding options available at MintSix|
We offer a range of styling services at MintSix so please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any inquiries as we would love to help!
All images from my Pinterest boards.
Hope you all have a great weekend, I'm off to The School in Auckland tomorrow which I'm a teeny bit excited about so I'll post about that next week. Tx